There is another thread here on the stove:
http://forums.equipped.org/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=17949&Number=255389#Post255389

I have owned and used the BioLite stove since it was first available, in July 2012.

I use it regularly at home with and without the separately purchased grill attachment. It is, in fact, my home grill, and I have found the stove and the grill to be consistently reliable, with well thought-out design (folding legs, nesting power supply). It came in handy for cooking after several storms with power outages.

My location has maybe 20 trees, and storms always provide plenty of fuel for the stove (dropped branches). Many of the other places I frequent have an abundance of twigs and sticks just laying everywhere. When I see it all, I think "free fuel." It is normal to have a good long, hot burn sufficient to cook a meal with two large handfuls of wood that are no longer than 6".

I also use it for heating food while car camping, but mostly we cook over the campfire.

The CampStove has two speeds for the fan. The faster speed burns fuel hotter and faster. You can also vary temperature by the amount of fuel you add over time.

As for charging devices, it doesn't require a sunny day or hazardous fuels, and I have used it to charge a smartphone and USB-chargeable flashlights. I have no problem sitting around after dinner, feeding twigs to this stove while my phone is being charged, and I can easily add 20% to 60% to a smartphone's battery while cooking and hanging out.

It is not the stove to take on your above-treeline hikes, both because of weight and lack of local fuel. Nor should you try to charge any iPad with it.

For me, it has been sturdy, reliable, and useful both as a stove and for USB charging.