I received an Optimus Burny as a birthday present. It is a lighter designed for outdoor use.

http://www.optimusstoves.com/seen/optimu.../optimus-burny/

The most interesting part of this lighter is that it can be refilled from the isobutane/propane stove canister. You can refill it in the field directly from your stove cannister as well as from a butane lighter supply. I ordered a Primus adapter to fill it. The lighter also can provide a bigger flame with isp/propane.

The lighter is designed for lighting stoves and fires, the flame is almost as big and is as hot as my Bernzomatic pencil torch. Dry pine shavings and small kindling start almost instantly. It comes out horizontal when held like a normal lighter. It works in any position. The shape allows lighting stoves that are hard to get into (I was able to light my SVEA 123 without removing the wind screen).

The major question is going to be the piezo-electric igniter. I hope this one is reliable and works at altitude.

I think I am really going to like this one. That is saying a lot for a old codger who still prefers matches.

Respectfully,

Jerry