Originally Posted By: RNewcomb
I like paracord, but it always seems to get tangled up in my backpack.

I saw one of these out on Amazon the other day, and thought it would be great to wrap my cord around and have a handy cutter for it.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FNYRHPY/ref=...d=IM72RULYUCICW

Seems a little pricey for what it is, but it does look convenient. Any thoughts?

Rod

Pricey?
You dare to suggest that $18 is pricey for an item with:

"Lenox® Shatterproof Stainless Steel Bi-Metal Titanium Coated Utility Blade (Replaceable).
All Stainless Steel Hardware (2 Hatch nuts and screws, plus one spare set-we all loose things).
8 multisize proprietary burn slots, for finishing the ends of heated paracord.
Integrated MINI BIC® Lighter retention system. (Lighter not included)"

This has to be a bargain.

The copy writers clearly have experience in menu creation for upscale eateries: " medallions of succulent Kobe beef from pampered Angus steers, lovingly braised in the milk of Oahu coconuts, festooned with garlands of grilled Milanese zucchini..."

On the other hand, you could pocket a folding knife and a mini-bic, stuff the cord in a ziplock, and be on your way 2 ounces lighter and $18 richer...but those "proprietary burn slots"...I am not sure how to cope without them...oh wait...I hold on to the cord with one hand, the bic with the other, and it all works out, except for the drops of molten nylon on my shoes.

OTOH, this clearly provides copy-writing work for unemployed English majors, but they are penalized 2 points for confusing the use of "lose" and "loose".

File this with the tactical black toilet paper.