one more thing and i'll quit on this post.
good comments and all but what i want is a noise maker,a really loud one.i'm not going to be someplace where black bears are anything more than camp pests.the worst that could happen,and it does,is that campers loose their food bag and have paddle back to the landings where lunch in Ely is just a hour or so away.folks who are a few days back in the woods have been known to ask/beg/ folks they meet up with for something/anything to eat.
the subject of keeping your food safe is a major topic on canoe tripping boards.hang v.s.hide will bring out weeks of posts and counter posts.
the chance of a stalking or attack is so tiny that getting worked up about is a waste of time and mental energy.like i said in the other post the blanks are just my chase method like banging pots and pans.when you check in for you permit to the BWCAW you have to watch a "do and don't" video the highlight is a couple campers chasing a bear,a real one,out of their camp with shouts and stick tossing.this is not Alaska where fisherman have to have a guide standing by with a very big rifle or out west where hikers pitch tents inside a chain link fence camping area.
there are other scare methods like air horns and hand held flares but i'll go with this one.no lead slinging or ricochet off exposed bedrock,just a BOOM out the tent door at 5AM to get Mr Big away from my food.
and back to the original question which was sealing the crimp.
i'll go with the nail polish which seemed to fill in that little hole where the crimps came together.
when i get back in a few weeks i'll do a post on how they test fired.
keep your powder dry!!

Edited by CANOEDOGS (08/20/14 06:43 AM)