I hear ya there chaos

I got through the past year of scouting activities with my cyclops atom and led mini-maglite. The mini-maglite didn't really get used all that much tbh, it stayed in the pack most of the time. The headlamp on the other hand was my go to light. With that in mind there were times when the light output of the cyclops left a bit to be desired, so I'm thinking any upgrade will be an improvement at this point.

Also, would you prefer a floody light or a throwy light for camp setup? I'm thinking a floody light might make the most sense. One thing I like about most of the newer headlamps is that they have the option for both. The black diamond cosmo and storm in particular have the high output main light for throw and lower output leds for close in flood. They also have red leds to preserve night vision and can be turned on separately without having to cycle through the higher output settings.

As for the smith and wesson MP7, that may be more of a flashaholic "I want ..." than an actual "I need ..." option lol