Thanks for the replies. I am not really interested in the 'science' of this subject of any potential die of this species or that species in the North West Pacific coastline or its causation theory of why sea stars are melting or not.

The claims in the video essentially conclude that after 7 days beach combing at low tides along 200 km at various locations of what should be pristine coastline these folks in the video are claiming that they would not have been able to fill up half a bucket of fishing bait or beach stew such as rag worms, mussels, whelks, crab, clams, limpets etc. Something that would take about 30 minutes at low tide on Broughty Ferry beach on the Tay River estuary with some foraging.

They also claim in the video that the sea birds they observed over the same period and stretch of pristine NW Pacific coastline could be counted on one hand. There was also claims of no insect life as well. I am not disputing any science, I was looking for personal observations to verify, counter or dismiss the claims in the video as I don't really need a scientist to tell me what I am looking at or not as life or lack off is actually quite easy to spot.

To make such outrageous easily disproved claims through personal observation on Youtube video (not published Marine Biology make it up as you go along scientific spurious terminology 'Sea Star Wasting Syndrome' as if we know what we are talking about) seems rather bizarre.
Its amateurish style also lends some element of truth behind their claims. But that is probably just me.