I was reading a blog I follow and found the following quote:
Quote:
The Ebola manifestation is causing alarm bells all over the world where the CDC just called the alert a Category 1 (the highest). The virus is now in 5 countries.
The virus is airborne and there is no cure. If a person has been hit with it, the only way he can survive is to be kept alive for 5 to 6 weeks, allowing for one's own antibodies to be produced to kill the virus. The death toll is now over 1000 people.

I went to the article on Ebola he quoted in his blog and didn't find a statement of it being airborne (?) so don't know about that. However, given that the Spanish Priest recently given ZMapp has died, that experimental drug probably has limitations (ie., wait too long and it won't work?) Way too much is unknown.

Ebola is a bad illness and until now has never travelled much because the victims die. Now we have people traveling with the disease -- not good. Isolation seems to be the thing to do. Stop it from traveling. Until they get a cure that's tested and reliable and for which the side effects are significantly better than death, isolation is the go-to plan. Seems to be anyway. Even having taken ZMapp, isolation is still required. Testing is far from complete, barely started actually. It may keep people alive longer, which may make them contagious longer. Lots of testing...

Isolation.