Quote:
Would a local humane society, shelter, or animal control department be willing to capture the kitten for you?

I am on the other side of the planet
We have none of those (that I know of, anyways)
But we have many workers looking for extra income doing small jobs here and there. I am planning to hire some of them to clean up the whole thing , but not now.

My hands are more than full with a sick dad , being fasting (Ramadhan : no food or drink from sunrise to sunset in a hot weather) and several other issues. It all have drained the last ounce of energy I have. Not to mention my arm muscles are injured (moving my sick dad to/from toilet ..etc.) at the same time I have to DIY a few home projects before school restarts a few weeks from now.

This kitten thing has come in the wrong time. Due to hot weather and month of fasting, I am not seeing many workers in the street who will do the job. So, I am left with only one strategy : to buy some time by leaving it some food and water until capturing it becomes easier.

I am even not sure how to leave water there. If water container is too deep , the kitten may drown, too shallow, water will evaporate in 2 hours. But I have an idea for a water dropping system that may work for a few days using a 5 gallon water container.

I also have another idea using an AC unit. Due to humid air, AC units produce water that can be collected. I am extending one of those pipes to that area and can put a pan under the pipe. However, this is only to use if we are at home and some critter is thirsty. I am more than reluctant to leave the AC unit running for days while we are away. Not only it will cost money, but will be unsafe.

Sorry for the drama guys
My son has some pet-goldfish and when we leave for a few days, he puts a rock-like thing in the aquarium which the fish feeds on. I just thought there might be a similar thing for a kitten.

Edited by Chisel (07/22/14 09:23 PM)