So folks

Looking for a bit of advice.

In a nutshell, I am looking for a new swiss army knife.

I am approaching year 18 in the army. As much as I still want to be with my troops "on the floor" the truth is I find myself behind a desk these days more often that not. When I try to sneek away and help out in the vehicle bay or the workshop it isn't long before someone is coming to find me because of some email/telephone/admin crisis and drag me kicking and screaming back to my desk.

I have been carrying my old swiss army knife a lot more as a result. I must confess, I am usually a die hard multi tool guy but lately I just have no real use for it during the day. I don't need my leatherman surge to argue wirth people on a phone so it usually sits in my day bag next to my desk now while my SAK(now 25 years old) rides in my pocket.

I bought the SAK way back, and I have always used it as I back up or when a multi tool was too big for the occasion (like when just wearing light shorts or my dress uniform) I COULD keep using it, but I was kinda wanting to pass it along to a grandkid some day as a first knife. I am sure I could get another 50 years use out of this thing but I am kinda afraid of breaking or losing it now.

I have been eyeballing the alox SAK's as a replacement. I have narrowed my choices to the farmer, pioneer, cadet, electrician or the harvester. They are all excellent looking and highly similar so it has been a tough decision.

How good is the mini blade on the electrician? Is the saw any good on the farmer?

Any input is highly appreciated!