Originally Posted By: nursemike
The reigning mall-ninja authority on tomahawk fighting is lynn thompson,

I am sure that more than a few of the Marines and Soldiers that Peter LaGana taught how to use his tool (and even more of their students) are still around. Many of these people had to opportunity to "try" it in serious situations. They certainly know how to use one. I had the opportunity to spar with and against one in the 60's against a student of LaGana. I will tell you that they can be used well and have a place in combat. For a non soldier, they have less use. I would not carry one outside the military. There are usually better civilian defensive tools around and most are poor for more ordinary use. A good lightweight axe is much superior for bush use.

The CKRT looks like the fire axe not often seen but present on commercial airliners and in airport fire equipment. Designed to open aluminum cans quickly. If the opener on your beer fails, it should be a great tool. They can certainly open an aircraft quickly.

Seriously, it looks like an excellent version of a small fire axe. I carry a much older (and heavier) one hand fire axe (WWII British Aircraft axe) in my car. It has helped in a number of extractions. I would expect the CKRT to be equally useful.

Respectfully,

Jerry