Originally Posted By: AKSAR
Seems a bit premature to be accusing her of poor judgement? I have not heard anything about what led to her death, or if the weather played a role. Maybe being with someone would have made a difference, but then again maybe not?

If hiking solo is a crime, then I must plead guilty, your honor. I have done so on many occasions. Sometimes even in unpredictable weather.

Any incident has a systematic chain of events that can ultimately lead up to a tragic conclusion. This includes car accidents, airplane crashes, hiking injuries/death and so on. Science and post incident investigations has long proven that somewhere in that chain of events, poor judgement, not well thought, wrong or even worse - no decisions have played a role in tragic situations. The chain of events leading up, can be weeks, days, hours or minutes in the making. In this deceased person's case, we will probably never know. That does not mean I am passing poor judgement directly on the person, but simply stating a fact that is perhaps uncomfortable for many to realize.

John Lubbock