Although I have knives with blades as long as the Swiss stainless steel bayonet I own, I like to be able to carry my knives and stay friends with the law at the same time.

Here in Milwaukee, WI, 3" blades on a folding knife, and no fixed blade knives are the law. I understand some places have smaller blade allowances for carrying a "pocket" knife.

I have a beautiful liner lock Gerber that has a very nice swept blade design which is ideal for skinning which I have always been afraid to carry because the blade is 1/16" over lawful size. It is one of my more valuable knives, initially because it cost so much back then, and now because it is an in demand collectors item. I don't want it to end up in some police impound room or in the possesion of some police officer who does not appreciate the beauty and practicality of the design, so I don't carry it.

Doug, if you do well with the 3.44" blade length model, consider a smaller blade length model between 2 1/2" & 3" that would keep "Johnny Law" at bay.

Bountyhunter