Regarding mini pry bars, it seems folks like them more as a day to day tool, rather than thinking of them primarily as a survival item. That's totally cool. I may acquire a couple of minis prys for general use.

I can't recall the last time I've broken a knife blade. But then again I have lots of assorted screw drivers and other tools stashed at various places around the home and in our vehicles, so I don't usually use my knives to pry with. I did manage to break a Leatherman Juice C2 once, by trying to use small pliers for a big pliers job.

Regarding kits, I have a small repair kit I sometimes carry. It has an older Leatherman Kick, a very small crescent wrench, duct tape, a small roll of gorilla tape, electrical tape, zip ties, a Patagonia sewing kit, some wire, fabric repair tape, a small tube of Gear Aid Seam Sealer, and a few other odds and ends. It is too heavy for backpacking, but I carry it when sea kayaking and similar situations. With it I have repaired a tent pole, fixed a stove, fixed a rudder on a kayak, etc etc.