On my person I have a Leatherman Wingman. There's hardly a day that goes by that I don't use it for something.

I also carry a SOG Flash II Tanto, but to be honest, I hardly use it. I love the knife, but the first thing I always end up grabbing is that Leatherman.

I also carry a WaterProof Butane Lighter. I just like the idea of being able to create a little flame anytime I need to.

My car kit is much more extensive. I don't keep a jump starter in the truck. You'll destroy them if you let them discharge, which they naturally do over time. I was told to top it off every 30 days. I know I just wouldn't remember anyway.

I have a 12v Portable inflator, a 12v Impact Wrench, Duct Tape, some Datrex Water, some Energy Bars, some of those LED Road Flares, some Chemical Light Sticks, flashlight, Jumper Cables, First Aid kit etc...

I have more gear in my EDC Backpack that I take to work and pretty much everywhere else. Flashlight, Multi-Bit Screwdriver (which gets borrowed at least once a week at work), a small LED flashlight, First Aid Kit, Sanitizing spray and some other goodies..