MDinana...I would think you could justify at least a second bulk propane tank, just to insure that you had a full one at all times...I've acquired a total of three...I switched from Coleman fuel to propane probably a decade earlier than the 04 season, where I was without power for a little over 9 days...I have an adapter to re fill the 1# bottles used to power a small tailgate grill that works well for a single guy, and eliminates a lot of the need for heating water to clean pots and pans... the two burner camp stove was primarily for heating water to shave and shower...the fish cooker is a good way for me and the neighbors to heat up canned goods without a dirtying a pot... just lower them into the heated water in the shorter fish pan... I prefer Dietz style kerosene lamps for light, as it is hot enough without running a mantle lamp... I do have a Coleman/unleaded gas single burner just for back up...

I've re evaluated the use of a 3500w generator and transfer switch installed in the non attached garage...I really don't store that much value in frozen meats.. I can fill my 7 day cooler with the frozen left overs in my refrigerator freezer... I do need to invest in a freezer alarm for the chest freezer..
with a way to power my ceiling fan with a battery powered motor, most of my comfort issues have been addressed

Edited by LesSnyder (05/29/14 02:54 AM)