Thank you for the replies.

I can be anywhere, but most likely in a town or city though there is a possibility to be in a remote area in any continent (I worked in Cambodia and Brazil during the summer and Northern Kazakhstan during the winter in the last 3 years). Gear – I think most of the gear I mentioned can be used in everyday life, so I am prepared to spend more, at least I expect to pay for a satellite phone significantly more than for my mobile. I’m fit and in late 30-es. I expect to have gear for myself only, but most likely I won’t be alone in case of emergency. I want the gear as small, lightweight and compact as possible, but already think it is going to be quite heavy and bulky. Restrictions – yes, I must comply with the local laws, and will be checking before my travels.

Since many survival situations start once you become seriously injured, I consider an option that I might be seriously injured and have to rely on external urgent help while trying to stay alive. That’s why it is communication, medical kit and shelter. Then there are situations when you have to escape and this is where the tools for escape are coming from on my list, but they are down the list because they are useless if too seriously injured.
I am thinking to have several layers of survival kit:
1. Main - a few core items that are used in any situation and for very short-term (from a few minutes to a few days);
2. Secondary - add items depending on the geography where I will travel, similar duration;
3. Outer – longer term items, over a few days because help may take a while to arrive.
I agree, the kit has big trade-ins, but I think it meets better the requirements for most common survival situations than some other kits – medical issue, crime, traffic, fire.