Originally Posted By: Russ
News conference -- peeps talking all these fires popping up separately is very suspicious but the weather is also very hot, very dry with wind (Santa Ana conditions) ... basically it could be nature or it could be arson ... peeps dancing around the A word but the guy talking now just said could be arson but the investigation is not anywhere near complete.

More air assets inbound: two are military, FEMA released $$ for one of the big tankers. Resource management among the different agencies involved is huge and they all seem to be working together. Nice to see.

I was thinking along the same lines. 8 fires with 5 of them within a few hours makes me think there is a firebug running around. I'm going to avoid news about this till the investigation is more complete. The early reports are inaccurate m0re often as not.

Big 747 is what I heard. I'll keep an eye out for that one. It'll probably be working the fire out on I-8 or the Carlsbad one

The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane