I started reloading last year. I my case the supply situation for ammo for my varmint rifle is less then satisfying (+ the .44 Mag. ammo isnīt exactly cheap).
I took a mandatory reloading class and bought the RCBS master kit. The kit has everything except the dies and components. I am satisfied with it. The kit comes with the Speer Relaoding Manual. The manual is fairly good has a step by step guide. I reload about 300 to 400 rounds per month ( 7x64, 5.6x50, 6.5x55 and .44 Mag).
Straight wall cases are easier to handle. The bottle neck cases of the .308 need a little more care. Every second or forth reloading you may wish to anneal the neck to prevent fatigue. It helps to keep the cases in lots to keep track of their history.
I found it important to set up a process that is followed strictly. That avoids mistakes. You also should have only the components you actually want to use on the table, so you can be sure about the primers and the powder.
If you decide to use a tumbler, check each and every flash hole. One grain of the tumbler media in the hole might spoil your day at the range.
Remember: The more you reload the more money you save. I managed to double my expenses for ammo by reloading.