Les,

Is that picture the Gun Crafters Range?

ireckon,

Although I agree with everything Les says above, You can start at a lesser level (both cost and space) depending on how much you shoot and what. You "can" save money, again depending on what you shoot and how much. I returned to reloading because I am not using my 9mm (9 ball used to be cheap in bulk) as much (IPSC then IDPA then Polite Society) and shooting my 45/70 more (at $2 to $4 per shot). Much as I like the Dillon, I have used my hand press (an RCBS) for the past several years and except for full length sizing the 45/70 cases it is more than up to reloading 50 to 100 rounds after a weekend of shooting. It also takes lots less space and is easier to put away if you don't have a permanent setup.

benjammin has a good idea in a basic O press (again mine is an RCBS) but I have used C presses, Lee Loaders and Lyman tong tools and been happy with all of them for limited loading (a few 10's of rounds at a time). I would recommend you start with the basics (buying many of them used is a great idea, but not dies). Consider asking around, when shooters move to a progressive press, many of them sell their old single stage one.

A good start would (IMO) include the following:

A preferably several good reloading books.
A good basic press.
Dies for the calibers you use most (or that you don't shoot because they are the most expensive). Although a full length die is important for autoloaders if your .308 is a bolt gun you only need a neck sizing die. It will make the brass last longer and improve accuracy if you only have one .308.
A good LOADING scale (don't try to use a kitchen or office scale). Maybe the most important thing you have.
I recommend a good hand primer, it gives you much more control than the one on the press.
The rest is consumables (primer, powder, bullets, lube, etc.)and things you will have around the house (boxes, paper towels, etc.).

Over the years you will end up with LOTS of useful things in addition to these basics and each one will improve the process.

Respectfully,

Jerry