There have been a lot of good responses so far, thanks!

As some have already mentioned, our SIN isn't really used for much up here, but our provincial health number would be important in a medical emergency; I definitely think that would be worth including.

Some have mentioned MedicAlert which I do think is a good system. I have one for my son who is a type 1 diabetic and also has several drug allergies. For myself however, I don't think its a good fit since I don't really have any medical issues. Another alternative to the MedicAlert system (and a little cheaper) is Road ID's interactive service. This also provides a 1-800 number & an online portal that can provide expanded medical & contact information. But again, I don't feel it fits my particular needs.

Regarding whether a first responder cares about by name & contact info, I'd guess they might not. But the main idea in my mind is that if I were incapacitated those further down the line would be able to contact my family.

Glock-A-Roo, you mentioned some good tips for condensing the info; I think the approach I am taking is to be as verbose as possible, while including all the info I can think of that might be helpful. In my v.2 of the info, I've used some of your ideas and can condense further if I decide on more info to include.

So, now I'm thinking my template for a Fixx ID would be:

STEVEN TODD HAUSER
CITY, AB CANADA
HOME 403-555-5555
WIFE 403-555-5555 CELL
AB PHN 12345-6789
DOB 2 JAN 1971 / B NEG
NKA / NKDA / NO MED HX