Originally Posted By: benjammin
I got an RCBS trim pro 2 motorized case trimmer to try to get through the case trimming process a bit easier. It is about as good as I can find. It is a chore.

Since the only rifle cases I currently reload for are .223 and .270 (and .270 only rarely), I just can't bring myself to buy an expensive case trimmer. Mostly I reload handgun cartridges, which don't normally require trimming in my experience. I just bought this new Lee Precision trimmer:

http://leeprecision.com/deluxe-quick-trim-case-trimmer.html

It's cheap, so I'm not expecting much. But then, Lee often surprises you with something inexpensive that actually works. I have not gotten a chance to try this new trimmer yet. I have been using Lee's Zip Trim, which is dirt cheap and feels like a fragile child's toy. But despite that, it does a decent enough job trimming. I really can't complain about the Zip Trim for doing a basic job. Not elegant, but it works if you set things up carefully and correctly. I am hoping this new press-mounted Lee trimmer I bought will be a step up from the Zip Trim.