Originally Posted By: benjammin
Oh yes, try this on a piece of old growth hemlock fir, the kind with a 1:20" grain twist and three knots per square foot circumferentially. That was the kind of stuff dad would bring home for us from the Weyerhauser reject pile to cut up into firewood, the kind that took 3 wedges and an 8 lb maul to get through.

Exactly. Easy to tell which people have never had to chop firewood for any length of time and would foolishly think that this axe is the greatest and Doug pretty much nailed it.

Originally Posted By: dougwalkabout

1. I guarantee that this will work as advertised if you purchase warranty approved wood from my woodpile (shipping extra).

2. I guarantee that if you replace "Physics-exploiting axe splits wood in record time" with "Sucker-exploiting axe splits fools from their money in record time" you will achieve a new level of enlightenment.

3. I guarantee that I will pick up one of these at a garage sale for $10 or less, in 5 years or less.

John Lubbock