Originally Posted By: Bingley
Originally Posted By: Mark_R
With your office space constraint (I'm assuming you're cubical rat like me), a folding bike or scooter stored under your desk

There are scooters small enough to fit under a desk? Are we thinking of Vespas or Razors? I've seen a Razor equipped with some sort of motor, but I don't think it's got much range or speed.

I'm thinking of adult razor style scooters. The Xootr Street is 31x9x13 inches. The Micro Sidewalker is larger at 48x8x22 inches. As best as I can figure, cruise speed is about double walking speed.

You can get folding gas powered scooters (Go-Ped makes several adult models), but I imagine that storing a greasy two stroke under your desk is frowned upon.

I've been looking at these for recreation due to an old knee injury that makes any cycling incredibly painfull. It was never really diagonosed (idiot docs and tightwad HMOs), but was probably IT band syndrome with a lot of of scar tissue complicated by feet flatter then Kansas.

Edited by Mark_R (04/21/14 09:05 PM)

The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane