Stick with an automatic, self winding all stainless steel model rated at AT LEAST 200 meters water resistant. Most of mine are below $120 when on sale. Auto's when properly cared for will outlast you, and no battery needed. Make sure you get one with a screw down crown, just another way to keep the water resistance intact. I had an automatic "dive watch", three hand, rated as a dive watch, went to the water park and got the movement wet. Ruined the timepiece. Since then, if the watch doesn't have a screw down crown, it's a deal breaker. Stick with a brand name, since their customer service will be better. I don't need barometer, temperature, compass, stopwatch, toothpick, seismograph, geiger counter, spatula, or tire iron with my watch. About the only complication I go with is a date display, but it's not mandatory. A good auto and a decent quartz are all you really need. But I have a "sickness", and consider just one watch for everything almost as bad as having to eat the same food day after day. Variety is the spice of life.