Hi,

Wondering what your all are doing for a watch these days. I quit wearing a watch about 10 years ago when my Suunto was broken physically (thanks airport scanners) and just started relying on the clock on my phone.

As my phones seem to keep getting larger (been using the Samsung Galaxy Note III -- easier on the eyes) it's getting to be a pain to pull it out just to check the time when I'm out and about. Plus, if the cell networks become unavailable, clock may be off and will be off once battery runs dry or is replaced. I'm really wanting something that I can just go back to looking at on my wrist.

I've been mostly looking at the Casio G-Shock and ProTrek (digital and analog, battery and solar); the Timex Expeditions; the Seiko and Citizen self-winding; along with the newer Suunto and Garmin offerings.

For some reason I like the Compass/Altimeter/Barometer/Temperature options, even though I know they aren't very accurate and/or are derived by extrapolation (especially altimeter). Compass is usually only good for general direction. Yet, I feel if I'm going to $pend a few c-notes, I should be wearing something that provides me several features besides just the time/date.

Thinking about going very basic, I did wear an old $20 Timex we had for the last few weeks and it just didn't do it for me.

I can tell I'm getting older because feel frustration that there are almost too many options and none of them precisely what I want.

So, please share what you go with, both day-to-day and in the back-country if it is different; what works for you and what does not work; along with options I may not be considering.

Thanks,

b

I have no interest in or affiliation to any of the products or services I may mention. Should I ever, I will clearly state so.