Liegh

What Chaos said, Cause I like big guns. The little woman is into .45's, including old and exotic makes. I'm a large, extremely muscular guy so I can soak up a lot of recoil and carry a lot of weight. And it's going to be mounted on a survival vest for a trip to Alaska. I'll have a pair of rifles of course, but if they can't be retrieved then I want to have something on me capable of handling the situation. And I promised my .454 Casull to someone in the event of my death, so if I don't make it out for some reason the it might not be recovered or returned either.

Les

I've heard of that once or twice, will check it out.

Chaos

You sound like a man after my own heart.

Hiker

I've heard of that several times, but wouldn't want to test the theory personally. There are cases where playing dead did not help. Bears are carrion eaters, so just curling into a ball doesn't seem that good of an idea to me, JMHO. If I can find room on my vest I'd like to add bear spray, but to be honest, in a survival situation an attacking bear, it would supply a lot of meat, a warm fur to wrap up in (far more durable and warmer than a heat sheet), tools and some claws for jewelry and to remember the bruin by in my aging years.

Thanks to all of you for responding.