Hmm, looks very similar to my Camelbak Motherlode pack. The Camelbak lacks any sort of frame and missing the big gusseted side pocket. I don't see a big advantage to the frame. But then I keep the pack full as it's been my go bag since 2005. In my opinion, a good solid and ergonomic hip belt is by far the more important feature.

The Camelbak is a tough bag. Mine's been through a lot, and none the worse for wear. If the stitching and the zippers on the Fieldline are as good, it should hold up well. I suspect the zippers are the weak link on this unit, though.

The price is certainly better than the Camelbak. But that's because the Motherlode is marketed to military heavily, and the price is part of the marketing hype. Fortunately, I got mine at the PX in Baghdad, so I didn't pay the premium.

For the price, if I needed another pack, I would seriously consider the Alpha One. On the face, it looks suitable.