If there are any trees then it is possible to find tinder fairly easily. Even if the woods are very wet from rain. There is usually something laying about with a punky side down that has some dried punk in the center. There may also be something local equivalent to birch bark or pitch which will burn well and start fairly easily. If there are any evergreens then the really thin feathery twigs at the extreme ends of dead branches can be collected and made into a decent "nest" that will light even when wet. If there are no trees then I am not too sure what to look for. I hike in forested areas and haven't had to deal with finding fuel in a prarie situation. I am certain that wet grasses are going to be the wrong idea anyhow. In marshes you can often find cattail or milkweed - both of these can be found dry in the right season because the pods will dry even when closed and closed - dried pods will keep the tinder try within. Not available in the spring tho. If there are any trees or shrubs then in may be just a matter of becomming familiar with which are resinous enough to light easily. Standing dead wood or dead branches still attached to the tree are the best source for truely dry fuel when it's been raining for a while since the rain will drip off rather than soak in. Down dead wood is a good source for punk but you must make sure you get dry punk or it will be akin to trying to light a sponge. If there is a large diameter log with a punky underside you can dig into it a ways and usually come up with something fairly dry. Don't take the first layer tho.