Besides the obvious of having allies along the way home where I can stow items (or borrow things I might need but didn't realize until the time came), I tried thinking how one would go about stashing boodle here and there without the likelihood someone else might take it. There are a couple "wilderness" zones along the way I could bury some items, but it occurred to me that might not be practical for everyone. First, what criteria would make for a good urban cache? Inconspicuous and accessible were the first two that came to mind. Sheltered from the elements would be preferable I suppose, but not a priority.

My first idea for an urban cache seems pretty obvious. An airtight container strung from the grate of a storm sewer along a curb ought to be inconspicuous enough, yet remain relatively accessible. I've never seen anyone doing maintenance on storm sewer grates, so it seems that is one decent location.

Anyone got any other great ideas?