Several months ago I loaned my Hi Tec Magma to one of the guys I worked with. Despite asking for it to be returned numerous times he always had an excuse so I went over to retrieve it. It looked liked it had been through a war. All the gear was gone, including the sawback machete, sternum pouch gear pockets an camp knife on the straps. The extra straps I had had sewn on for gear were chewed off and shredded. He admitted that he had torn it up on a few hikes, then his kids had played with it several times, doing more damage,Finally his dogs had got ahold of it and had it for at least a week. Now I need a new pack. The only things I had really liked about the Magma was that I could put two hydration units in the inside pocket and that it had two outer mesh water bottle pockets. It was too shallow to hold much gear, let alone survival items and only had the one compartment and one outside pocket. It had been a gift so it was special to me however.
Now I'm looking for one that will let me carry 2 2 liter systems, 2 water bottle pockets, a compartment for clothing and basic survival gear, large main compartment and multiple outside pockets. Price range no more than $50.
Any suggestions?