Originally Posted By: quick_joey_small
If what you want is a phone; carry a phone! My £3.95 thick phone can go a week without charging. Yes all it can do is make phone calls; but isn't that the idea?
Well, not exactly. I find I use my iPhone for text messages about as much as I use it as a phone. Note that in an emergency, a text message uses less bandwidth and may have a better chance at getting through than a voice call.
Originally Posted By: quick_joey_small
Smart phones are fantastic pocket computers; as phones they are a joke. They always seem to be not working just when they are needed because the battery life is so poor.
They are a joke? Really? Hmmm...for some reason I haven't had any serious issues with battery life on my iPhone. It always seems to work when I need it. Maybe I just don't waste as much time and batteries in useless chatter as some people? confused

I think this thread is getting a bit tiresome. I like my iPhone, and it seems to work fine for me. If you don't like smart phones that's your problem, not mine. If you prefer a plain old phone, by all means that is what you should use. smile