Well, I've had to change up my EDC knife. Last week I lost my beloved Spyderco Ladybug3 in ZDP! mad It's my own fault, really. I carried it on my key carabiner, attached with something like a swivel snap. The 'gate' of the snap had been getting loose, and occasionally as of late I had noticed that it came open in my pocket and let the knife go. Right then and there I should have swapped it out for a new one or a split range but I spaced it off...now my little 'Bug is gone. sick

Oh, well. I want to get another one but I don't feel like blowing the $50 right now, so I have started carrying my Spyderco Dragonfly in it's place. I wasn't sure if it was gonna work out since it's considerably larger than the little Ladybug. But so far it seems okay, not too much for me to keep in my pocket. My plan is to run with this EDC for awhile and if I like it try to nab a Dragonfly in Super Blue. cool

I think I've mentioned my "constitutional aversion" to having a bunch of crap in my pockets. But I still have to have at least a good flashlight and a good knife with me. A few people have pointed out that I always have a cell and it has a light but that's not enough to sway me yet. Battery life of a phone isn't great and the light feature, while useful, lacks the throw, power and usability of a stand-alone light. Certainly I'd be reluctant to stick my 'Droid in a snow drift to keep it in place while I change a tire! My EDC light is a Fenix E01 powered by an Energizer Ulitmate Lithium AAA cell.

Briefly I tried to replace the Ladybug3 with a very small SAK but that proved unsatisfactory. While the scissors is very useful I'm afraid the skinny 1" long blade is a bit too small and flimsy for the tasks I usually ask of an EDC blade (mostly opening and breaking down heavy cardboard boxes). I prefer something a bit more robust with a sturdy lock.

What are you folks carrying as an EDC knife?