Went to a gun show at the high school in Wasilla yesterday. Lots of expensive junk, but I noticed the sentinels at the front door who secure firearms people bring in by wire tying the actions open were using hot pink wire ties (aka zip ties, etc). So I asked them if I could have half a dozen. They are now stowed in a couple of my kits.

Bought a big round of gorilla tape, some scotch +33 electrical tape, and some 100 lb test Dacron braid fishing line. I grabbed a wad of tongue depressors last time I was at the doc's office with H1N1, so I spooled up some of my survival sticks. Basically, 3 feet of Gorilla tape spooled on one end, 3 feet of electrical tape on the other end, and 25 feet of fishing line in between. Use a swatch of electrical tape to secure the ends of the line to the stick. Again, disbursed into my kits.

So many things sitting on my workbench. Heat Shrink tubing, clear plastic straws, Elmer's glue, bags of lint and candle stubs. I could quit my job and still work full time on all my little projects and provisions. I just filled half my freezer with ham that I need to turn into home made spam and put up. It just never ends.