I am still using the beaded neck chain, found a source for some stainless steel versions on e-bay that are holding up quite nicely. Whistle is still on it, and I have updated it somewhat by replacing the fauxton with a Fenix E01 in my favorite color, purple (will try to post some long promised pics maybe tonight after scouts). No affiliations, just very pleased with the Fenix. This light and whistle combo rides with me daily, not around the neck, but in my pocket. Go figure.

For wilderness carry, or other circumstances where I think the lighter I carry in my pocket everyday might need some back-up, I still have the pill fob stuffed with jute twine I can add to the necklace. After the recent matchless fire starting class I took, and seeing how nicely a piece of charcloth will take a spark and combine easily with the fluffed up jute twine to get a flame, I will be adding a piece or two of charcloth to the pill fob as well. I have also replaced the BSA hot spark with a full sized BSA fire steel.

I have found when I do wear it around my neck as intended, it is pretty comfortable for me to wear it between my under layer, which is usually a polyester undershirt, and whatever I happen to be wearing over that.