I have the S2 & KF4. The S2 is my EDC. The finish on both has held up very well. In fact, the KF4 was the display one (last one the store had) and still looks great. I don't know for sure how long it was on display, but it was at least since last August. The scissors on the S2 are very robust and work well for most tasks. They aren't sharp enough for delicate tasks, minor surgery for example, but that could be remedied with some sharpening time. I EDC a Signature II for the pen & LED, so this isn't an issue for me. Something I really like about the scissors on my S2 is that, unlike my Wave, they open up far enough for me to easily sharpen the entire cutting edge. The various blades snap into place with authority and stay open at least as well as those on a SAK. The fact that the blades don't lock isn't an issue for me. I don't see multi-tools as being heavy duty tools by nature. If I need something sturdier, I use the appropriate tool; Vice grips, screwdriver, channel lock pliers, etc... or improvise. The can-opener works well. It actually is easier to use for me than the can opener on a SAK. The only complaint I have with the Juice design is the lanyard ring. You need another tool to get it out. This isn't a major problem, since a pen or a paper-clip will work, but it is an annoyance. Hope this helps.

Leo