I dare say you are absolutely correct, but you reach a point in search operations where desperation prevails. Pre internet, we would reach a point in an ineffectual search where publicity was pervasive enough that we would start to get calls from psychics, who would have feelings or premonitions or dreams etc., about where the individual might be.

I remember a personal interaction with one such an individual. We had been looking for more than two weeks, finding zip. She had a vision about the location of the individual. We took her car, using her gas, and visited the area (a place we had flogged at least twice), finding nothing. It wasn't a scam. She wasn't asking for anything, but simply wanted to be at peace.

It always intrigued me that psychics always contacted us after media had elevated the operation in public awareness. As far as I know, we never received a call out of the blue, saying "I just got a message - someone is in deep doodoo in Sabino Canyon. Could you check it out?"

Yes, I am a bit skeptical, but you reach a point where you are out of options. Let the crowd sourcing begin!

Ain't the internet just wonnderful?