What are your prep goals for 2014? Let's share and encourage each other to keep prepping and learning!

Medical

I'd like to get more medical training. Currently I have certification in Wilderness First Responder & Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED. Depending on my budget, time, etc., I'm considering an EMT class, the PRN Med "Medical Responses on Hostile Environments" class, and/or a class on gunshot wounds. (I've done a one-hour trauma class, but I'd like to do more.)

Now, does anyone know about the PRN Med class? The PRN Med curriculum seems to cover a lot for a weekend course. Some people on the M4Carbine forum expressed skepticism about the instructors and the contents of the course. I'd like to know what you think. I'm wondering whether there would be some overlap between the EMT and this course.

Communication

I still don't have my HAM license. I really need to get around to it!

Wilderness Survival

As some of you may recall, I found a survival instructor locally. He offers some short weekend classes, and I'll get a better sense how far I can go with him.

I'd also like to get more outdoor time, but let's see if my job lets me (yeah, right).

*And* if I have extra time after that (yeah, right), I'd like to do a search and rescue class. My state has some sort of certification requirement for volunteers.

Defensive

I've gone through "basic" and "advance" firearm courses. I'd like to do moving through structures and tactics. Fortunately, my life is safe enough that all this stuff is really just a very remote "just in case." It's looking more like a hobby than anything else.

Edited by Bingley (12/20/13 09:32 PM)