Originally Posted By: benjammin

As for false distress, that would be extremely difficult to prove if I were out on location and claimed I was lost. You don't actually have to be in distress to make it appear enough like you might be.

But remember, this is a training mission, not an actual survival situation, so if they are looking for a challenge, I am certain it would be fairly easy to generate one. I mean, if they are going to respond to a call like this one in Cantwell, then the bar isn't that high. The ride home is just incidental.

Since the budget is being spent anyways, I may as well get my money's worth out of them too. It seem only fair, since I wouldn't otherwise be in need of their services.

Is it really such a dreadful machination to plan on using their services as part of my exploration, rather than simply wait until I might be forced to due to unfortunate event? If I include their participation in my plans, my chance for success should be much improved. What's wrong with that?

I'm easily confused. Are you saying it's okay to "pop smoke" as part of a plan to have SAR pull you out while still being capable of self extraction or that if you are part of a SAR training exercise it's okay to head into unexplored country?
-Blast
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.