you people smile are responsible for my BOB, which is most likely a remain overnight kit....after my first visit to this forum, I purchased one of the Ritter AMK Survival kits and one of the heat sheets...but by and large, the rest was assembled from stuff lying around... the bag, with hydration bladder came off a prize table at a 3 gun match... extra first aid supplies.... toiletries kit... mil surplus stove and Sterno...water filter... spare clothing, gloves and Boonie hat...extra multi tool and SAK.. pruning saw...LMF large fire steel...Silva compass... I don't need the cold weather gear most have, and the shelter gear is a coated nylon poncho, mosquito netting, and a 3mil construction bag... I did splurge for a couple of pouches of freeze dried food, and just added one of the Sawyer mini filters...and as others have commented, I have some heavier equipment in a plastic crate, that can be selectively chosen if need be...without water, the bag is a pretty reasonable 27#... previously posted pic