I have to ask, but what is the anticipated use of this BOB? What are the anticipated emergencies it is intended to be deployed in and what is the actual probability that such an emergency would occur?

While this is a common type of BOB you see around, I've determined that for my local the likelihood of needing something like this is so low that spending limited funds on this type of gear is not worthwhile - at least for pure preparedness reasons. Realistically, this looks like a decent start at a low-cost backpacking & camping kit, but while the idea that I'll need to leave home and head to the woods alone is romantic, I don't find it overly realistic.

I would think that from a pure preparedness perspective limited funds would be best spent on stocking one's home for bug in (food, water, fak, etc) or, if for bug out, making a BOB that is more society centric (for lack of a better term ... ie., with the assumption that you'd be heading to friends, a hotel or community relief shelter in the event of a disaster).

Again, I realize this maybe local specific and my situation isn't everyone's situation, so I'd be interested in hearing how & when this BOB is intended to be used.