I use a Maha C401FS for NiMH. Great little charger that has performed perfectly for many many years. I have several different brands of NiMH's that were bought over the years and still function fine. But when I buy new NiMH's, it is only Eneloops that I buy now.

For my LiIon (14500's in my case), my thoughts are if you buy cheap batteries (no protection circuity) then you need to buy an expensive charger. Conversely, if you buy good batteries with protection circuits (I like AW), then you can get by using a cheap charger (one of the cheap Chinese "UltraFire" models for example). Personally, I use god AW batteries and a cheap UltraFire charger. I only charge LiIon when I am present in the house. And I have a metal box that the charger goes into while in use, so if fire/explosion does occur, well, metal doesn't burn. It's one of those metal tins that fruit cakes and things like that come in around Christmas time.

I know you can get 12v car adapters for the Maha C401FS. I do not know about for the UltraFire LiIon charger (although you might be able to find a generic Radio Shack adapter that will work).