Nice review ... and I wouldn't mind the comments about length.
I do agree with comments on cost and that other methods are available to package your own stuff and save money and lower salt intake etc ...BUT there is still a place for these products IMHO.
I wouldn't choose a huge pile of them for a bug-in stash ...but one can't dispute the ease of making a hot meal ....the food kit, some water, a spoon ....and you're done ...Sounds like a pretty efficiently small pkg of items to assemble easily, quickly and be able to feed a couple three folks with little fuss.
I would also offer that if anyone hasn't looked they might google "freezer bag cooking' [FBC] and read some of the ideas from the backpacking community for packaged meals some of which are ADD hot water and let steep 15 minutes, then eat. BUT, you would need a heat source of some kind ... the posted kit had everything in one pkg.
IMHO a multi-faceted approach to emergency food seems best ... so I enjoy hearing everyone's ideas and preps.
And I really enjoy being ready with things like warm food, light and shelter in an emergency...even if only a short interruption of services ....like a power outage for 12 hrs.
I have wondered how this product would perform ...now I know.