Originally Posted By: Roarmeister
Originally Posted By: bacpacjac
Ok, I've watched a few episodes and my review is mixed. It's entertaining and I really like how most of them come off as closer to what an average Joe would be like in a similar situation.

I just can't get over the nakedness. Some of them seem to be pretty smart about it, and make or find a little clothing but... when the guy was squatting on the log snake hunting with his rod and tackle hanging out. eek!

And, well... the guy that drank from the stream in the jungle and had to be medivaced out.... and the guy who got a major sunburn on day one and then [CENSORED] the rest of the time.... and the guy how whined like a little girl the whole time....

I think we need a new survival show showing a competent woman! ROAR!

Are you calling me??? smile Or is this a play on Kitty Purry's video?

I saw all the shows. Quite frankly, getting past the nudity was pretty easy for me. The survival aspects of the show were driving my interest.

The lack of clothing just proved to me that it is a vital survival possession. The right clothing (and footwear) for the right conditions and you have a fighting chance. Without any clothing and you have little protection from the elements (sun, wind, rain, insects, rocks, etc). Either you have to make some sort of cover or you do without. The one gal who weaved herself a hat and a matt knew instinctively what to do. Her survival skills and her mental attitude stood out among the players.

The nudity - that's what set this show apart from the others. Was it a titillating gimmick? Perhaps, but it also was strategic to prove the point that clothing is underrated as your #1 protection.

I totally agree, Roar. I'm no prude so it didn't bother me in that way, but the sunburn and the dangley bits with biting insects and animals around made me wonder why more of them didn't make an effort to improvise something, particularly the ones who got cold at night because of previously mentioned fire issues. You're totally right about it showing how important our clothing is.

p.s. as for the ROAR, just a show of feminine solidarity. wink I am woman! Not THAT woman though. wink

p.p.s. I got censored?! First time ever. Sorry about that gang.

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA