2nd post. Live in Tribeca - downtown Manhattan - wife, two small kids, apartment building, 7 floors, elevator, stairs, no outdoor space. While not a native, I have lived here for 20+ years and I have seen a few terrorist attacks, a random power outage in the whole of the Northeast, several snowstorms/blizzards,hurricanes; especially Sandy, a fire in our building, etc. I don't have an intention of living in a post - say - nuclear bombi situation or a post pandemic - think the plague in the middle ages - type scenario. I just want to keep myself and my family in good health and spirits in situations that I fully expect to encounter again. My wife - and others - would argue - that a bare minimum is necessary as we would "get out of dodge" before or as soon as possible after an event. I have a suv in the city as well as a dual-sport motorcycle and a scooter; more options - in theory - then most. That being said getting - what - a few million people off this island would take quite a bit of time - hours would be fantasy; probably days. And I can envision - as the authorities have closed the bridges and tunnels in the past - situations were we would be forced to survive in place. A multi-foot dump of snow - for example - would basically preclude travel. Also in the event of an - umm - event - I can see the guy with the car or motorcycles and the supplies to be a target of appropriation from their my fellow citizens or the police/government. Anyways this is a very long winder expression of my disappointment over what I have discovered on the web so far. I have read thru countless posts and watched countless videos of guys edc bags, bob bags, and home supplies in which no mention is ever made of the need for; nbc gas masks - helpful during a 9/11 type situation, a pandemic, etc. Tools - and I am not implying any illegal activity here - such as a pry bar or window punch or a way to mitigate locks - in the event of a fire, earthquake (yes nyc has fault lines nearby) etc. I see alot of urban "bags" with tree saws or 12 different ways to start a fire or devices dependent on electricity and a cell network to function. No mention of having some SAT phones around and a way to charge them. I am really not trying to stir the pot, be unfair, or critical but seems to me ALOT more thought needs to be put into a true urban situation. Can we stay? If we choose to go cxan we get out? great I got a 50lb bob backpack; can I really walk with that? Is someone going to stick me up and steal it? Barter items; he with the most weapons/guns wins, no? This is meant to provoke thought...