Originally Posted By: Phaedrus
If I may once more skirt the edge of politics I'd like to see a law passed whereby nothing can be sold in the US if it was produced under conditions that don't meet at least American OSHA standards.

This kind of pressure from consumers and corporations have resulted in some good, actually. Weird things you learn from college distribution courses: Chinese law was seriously revamped in the 90s to attract American and European investors and corporations who were used to more rational business practices. One of the many results was that beneficial labor laws were passed, since these corporations, as a matter of their internal policy, had to abide by a certain standard of labor and safety practices. China is by no means a labor paradise, but it could have been worse.

Anyway, thanks for the information on the Gransfors axes. I value craftsmanship, and I'm glad that quality still matters to some. Regrettably, I'm not enough of a woodsman to appreciate the difference in all likelihood. At some point I guess I should learn some serious deep woods skills. I do like the Viking axes, though.

I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK,
I sleep all night and work all day...