I prefer a single blade folder for EDC. All kinds of reasons: the first being simplicity. I don't have to mess around with orienting, then finding the blade, then opening like I would with a SAK. I don't have to deal with the flak of having a fixed blade in public which is frowned upon by most LEOs. It's easier to open, use and close single handedly. A single blade is compact and fits in my pocket and clips on. The blade is larger and less of a compromise than using a SAK style knife. It's the right size and weight for carrying and not be threatening. Single edge, not serrated it works very well for slicing, cutting and opening packages/boxes. I use it for cutting up lunch (so much handier and sharper than any knife in the cafeteria) and quite a bit around the kitchen because it's with me all the time and I don't have to reach for the knife block. I carried a small folder on me practically since I was a boy and I still get a kick out of watching "innocents" aka non-knife carriers, and their reactions to me using a pocket knife. I silently scream to them how foolish they are for not carrying anything.

I wore a Delica 2 for years then switched to a very similar Salt 1, a this year changed to a larger Tenacious (although I might switch back to a Delica 4). I do carry a SAK, actually both a L-Wave and L-Squirt as EDC backups just not as primary. The pliers on the wave are used a lot and the scissors on the Squirt are used a lot. I also carry a bit kit. I used my L-Wave and electric nut driver as my only tools to assemble my new BBQ.

Edited by Roarmeister (09/01/13 03:09 AM)