I got close, but I am not entirely ready to go yet, and up here in AK I really don't want to take the first big step out being less than 100%.

So I will spend the next year and more $ investing in gear, recon, stamina, and networking. One thing I got worked out, I have recruited a couple naïve young men (a co-worker and my son in law) who are all gung ho but broke. I have the income to pay for what they can't, so it makes a good combination. Also, I have lots of practice dressing animals, them not so much. So I can cut the animal down, and their strong backs can pack it out. Ah, those were the days, long before my knees and lumbar started to complain.

Meanwhile, I put up 36 pints of ground beef today. Next weekend I will work on chicken breast, and this fall I will be putting up beef stew, corned beef hash, chili, and Turkey soup. If by chance someone is willing to share their game with me, I might put some of that in jars as well. You never know.

God, I love it up here. The wife and I can hardly wait for the snow to come again. We do enjoy the holidays.