normally I am a believer in the recovery of forests after fire. and you are right that some trees release seeds as a result of being burned.

but I am more concerned with the next 20 years than in past history. I do believe that the general set of data showing that CO2 content in the Earth's atmosphere is steadily rising. there is no disputing that data - it is rising and so far is not leveling off. I do also believe this will result in increasing amounts of "climate change". I am not panicking about the change. but a combination of factors, including rising air pollution, changes in precipitation and moisture cycles, habitat encroachment by people, and warmer temperatures - these combined affects are putting pressures on the wilderness.

therefore, what I'm saying is that the overall environmental "change" can overwhelm the ability of nature to respond in the short term. hence ... long-lasting permanent damage can occur. it's worthwhile for us to become actively involved in restoration of the Earth's environment ... if we sit back now - we may fall behind in the ability to preserve what we've got.

Pete2

Edited by Pete (08/24/13 10:59 PM)