If as the AMK literature indicates QC stops bleeding faster, that's probably a good thing on a serious bleed injury. DP may work and I see no reason to not use it. OTOH, if I'm out solo and despite being bulletproof I find myself bleeding profusely, I may have more success controlling blood loss with QC. When the blood is mine I take a personal interest to keep more of it inside. Are there any reasons to not use Quickclot? Obviously not for a small superficial cut/scrape, but for a serious laceration where DP would work, is there a reason to avoid QC?

Quickclot
Quote:
Quikclot is a chemically inert material in a mesh bag that speeds coagulation of blood, resulting in a stable clot that stops bleeding
Stops bleeding quicker than conventional methods and is safe to leave on wounds until more advanced medical help arrives

That said, the only serious bleeder I've treated was a "broken glass while washing dishes incident" (cut to the bone); we rinsed it, used direct pressure and found the nearest clinic. A few stitches later and all was good.