Yes, extracting the bolt in many bolt action rifles requires the trigger be pulled. In that case the bolt is already open, so effectively clearing the firearm and physically preventing an accidental discharge. I believe Glock model semi-autos also require the trigger be pulled in the action closed position to allow the slide to be removed. The correct procedure for this requires cycling the action to clear the chamber including visual inspection of clear. Other firearm configurations may require similar procedures, always including manual clear and inspect of the chamber before depressing the trigger, so these items would meet the 2nd reason criteria I cited.

I believe Condition 2 on a 1911 type single action semi-auto is no longer generally recommended. The point is debatable, but it has been shown that condition 2 is likely the 2nd least safe condition as it introduced too many risks in carry and handling/manipulation, so only condition 1 (cocked and locked) or condition 3 (hammer down on an empty chamber) are the most safe methods of carry/operation of those firearms, and Condition Zero (cocked and unlocked) is unacceptable for general carry. From a purely safe perspective, manipulating the action on a live round when not actually engaging a target introduces unnecessary risk.